- Sarah Ralph (forthcoming, 2020) "Boro girls talk back…" Spotlight section of the Plan UK State of Girls’ Rights in the UK 2019 report (forthcoming 2020)
- Sarah Bowman (forthcoming, 2019) (ed.) PR Beyond Text. London: Routledge.
- Roger Domeneghetti (forthcoming 2019) “Football Hooliganism & the Media” (title TBC), in Steen et al. (eds.) The Routledge Handbook of Sports Journalism. London. London Routledge.
- Roger Domeneghetti (forthcoming 2019) “On me bed, son”: The (re)presentation of (emphasised) femininity in English ‘tabloid’ newspaper coverage of Euro 2016”, International Review of the Sociology of Sport, forthcoming
- Steve Jones (forthcoming, 2019) "Hardcore Horror: Challenging the Discourses of 'Extremity'", in Hickinbottom, J., Falvey, E. and Wroot, J. (eds) New Blood: Framing Horror in the 21st Century. Wales: University of Wales Press.
- Massimo Ragnedda and Bruce Mutsvairo (forthcoming, 2019) (eds.) Digital Inclusion: Be on the Right Side of the Political Divide, Lexington Books.
- Massimo Ragnedda and Bruce Mutsvairo (forthcoming, 2019) (eds.) Mapping Key Perspectives on Digital Divide in Africa. Amsterdam University Press (AUP).
- Johnny Walker (forthcoming, 2019) "Blood Cults: historicising the North American “shot on video” (SOV) horror movie", in Sexton, J. and Mathijs, E. (eds) The Routledge Companion to Cult Cinema. London: Routledge.
- Tom Watson (forthcoming, 2019) "Its like looking at your past crimes at a parole hearing: Transgression and Cult Cinema", in Sexton, J. and Mathijs, E. (eds) The Routledge Companion to Cult Cinema. London: Routledge.
- Tom Watson (forthcoming, 2019) "The Kid's are Alt-Right: Hardcore Punk, Subcultural Violence and Contemporary American Politics in Jeremy Saulnier's Green Room (2016)", in Hickinbottom, J., Falvey, E. and Wroot, J. (eds) New Blood: Framing Horror in the 21st Century. Wales: University of Wales Press.
- Steve Jones (2019) “Spierig Brothers' Jigsaw (2017) - Torture Porn Rebooted?”, In Bacon, S. (ed.) Horror: A Companion. Oxford: Peter Lang
- Steve Jones (2018) “Preserved for Posterity?: Present-Bias and the Status of Grindhouse Films in the ‘Home Cinema’ Era”, Journal of Film and Video, 70:1.
- Steve Jones (2018) “Sex and Horror”, in Attwood, F., and Smith, C, with McNair, B. (eds.) The Routledge Companion to Media, Sex and Sexuality. London: Routledge.
- Steve Jones (2018) “Kartezijanstvo in intersubjektivnost v filmski seriji Paranormalno ter v filozofiji duha”, Kino, 36.
- Gabriel Moreno-Esparza (2018) “Digital families in diasporic social space”, in R. Tsagarousianou (ed.) The Handbook of Diasporas, Media, and Culture. Wiley.
- Roger Domeneghetti (2017) “‘The other side of the net’: (re)presentations of (emphasised) femininity during Wimbledon 2016”, Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events.
- Roger Domeneghetti (2017) “From the Back Page to the Front Room: Football’s Journey Through the English Media" (2nd ed). Huddersfield, Ockley Books.
- Steve Jones (2017) “The Origin of the Faeces”, Porn Studies, 4:4.
- Steve Jones (2017) “Cartesianism and Intersubjectivity in Paranormal Activity and the Philosophy of Mind”, Film-Philosophy, 21:1.
- Steve Jones (2017) "'Tvoja Zgodba je Resnina in Ljudje to Cutijo': Muenje v Kontekstu", Kino, 31/2.
- Gabriel Moreno-Esparza (2017) “Visualising simultaneity in diasporic public spheres”, JOMEC Journal.
- Gabriel Moreno-Esparza (2017) “Mobile journalism: Reflexive storytelling in the co-produced public sphere, in S. Prassad (ed.) Creative Mobile Media: A Complete Course. Routledge.
- Massimo Ragnedda and Glenn Muschert (2017) (eds.) Theorizing Digital Divide, Routledge.
- Massimo Ragnedda (2017) The Third Digital Divide: A Weberian Approach to Digital Inequalities, Routledge.
- Maria Laura Ruiu and Massimo Ragnedda (2017) “The Quadruple Helix Model of Libraries: The Role of Public Libraries in Newcastle upon Tyne”, Public Library Quarterly.
- Maria Laura Ruiu and Massimo Ragnedda (2017) “Empowering local communities through collective grassroots actions: The case of ‘No Al Progetto Eleonora’ in the Arborea District (OR, Sardinia)”, The Communication Review, 20:1.
- Ibrahim Seaga Shaw (2017) “Media, Culture and Human Rights: Towards An Intercultural Communication and Human Rights Journalism Nexus”, in Howard Tumber and Julio Waisbord (Eds.) Routledge Companion to Media and Human Rights, Routledge.
- Johnny Walker (2017) “Reliability, Quality and a Reputation for Great Entertainment: the Promotional Strategies of Britain’s Early Video Distributors, Beyond the 'Video Nasties”, Post Script, 35:3.
- Johnny Walker (2017) “Video Nicies: Re-thinking the Relationship Between Video Entertainment and Children in Britain During the Early 1980s”, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, 37:4.